The doors of culture are finally (a bit) waving open again, but what’s waiting for us behind the door? This is what we want to talk about together in Brussels on Saturday: in which (cultural) world are we starting up again? And yes, we can do something about it.
There are still a few seats available in our mega hall. Last call!
Welcome to A Fair New World!
On saturday september 5th (12h30-22h30) artists platform State of the Arts (SOTA) & The TheaterFestival look ahead to the future in Tour & Taxis. What turns on the new world-with-corona are there already? What can we do to strengthen these dynamics?
You can choose from ten discussion tables in two blocks, in the evening we will be inspired by the grassroots movement Headquarters of the Mouvement in Decoratelier. A day full of missed conversation and faith in the future. Together we will create material for the planned second Almanac of SOTA!
These are our ten tables. Don’t say you can’t find what you’re looking for…
1) Face to face: artists and institutions: what you have always wanted to ask organisations about their dealings with corona…
2) Alternatives to the artists’ statute: what proposals do we want to put forward before politicians themselves come up with ideas?
3) Change the climate, Move Your Money: which bank do you or your organisation sit at? FairFin reveals the financial mechanisms behind global warming.
4) Manifesto ‘we see you’: what are we going to do?: together we will read an open letter against the ongoing white strategies of the arts. How do we deal with this?
5) All in the same boat: how has covid cut into other sectors? Five witnesses throw open the field of vision.
6) Right is right, also in practice: an oKo workshop that gives you insight into the necessary tools to negotiate or pay the right price.
7) Where to go with Flanders? What should we do with that proud Flemish striving for heritage, national image, Flemish history?
8) An inclusive conversation: an attempt at conversation whose form harmonizes with its content: inclusiveness and horizontality in practice.
9) Do democracy: Extinction Rebellion, co-driven by artists, has an elaborated proposal for a national citizens’ parliament. Can we support it?
10) Towards a new Arts Decree: from the experience of artists, what do we want to emphasize or put on the agenda?